GeneSys is a revolution in psychological assessment
Harbour Future Leaders supplies GeneSys in the Asia Pacific region, GeneSys is a world-class online assessment tool for identifying talent, development needs and recruitment screening; it saves time, money, and produces reliable and accurate results. Which is why more than 2,000 organisations around the world depend on GeneSys.
What is GeneSys?
GeneSys is a computer- and web-based assessment tool that allows organisations to quickly and cost effectively attain a thorough and valid psychometric assessment of employees and recruitment candidates. GeneSys is one of the most advanced assessment technologies available and consequently is one of the most successful and widely used tools in the world.
Designed by Psytech International, a UK-based psychometric test publisher, GeneSys is used globally and by many major Australian organisations including, Angus and Coote (an Australian jewellery retail chain), Australia Post, Bayer, Big W (an Australian retail chain), Coates Hire (an Australian equipment hire company), Coca-Cola Amatil, DDI, Hallis Recruitment, Harris Technologies, Kelly Recruitment, Liqourland, Metcash, Morgan and Banks (now Hudson), Southcorp Wines, Wattyl paints and many more.
Detailed article: A review of the 15FQ+ personality questionnaire more
GeneSys has a whole range of batteries of psychometric tests available for the user. These tests include ability tests (verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning):
- General reasoning;
- Graduate reasoning;
- Critical reasoning;
- Technical reasoning; and
- Clerical aptitude.
As well as:
- The 15 Factor Questionnaire;
- Occupational Personality Profile;
- Values and Motives Inventory;
- Jung Type Indicator (a version of Myers-Briggs Type Indicator);
- Occupational Interest Profile; and
- Stanton Integrity Survey – measures an applicant’s tendency to behave unreliably, abuse company policy or steal.
In summary, the program incorporates almost every type of recognised organisational assessment tool required for recruitment, selection and training needs analysis.
What are the business benefits of GeneSys?
Firstly, as a computer-based tool, GeneSys is extremely easy to use and very inexpensive to run. Our research indicates that no other computer-based psychometric tool is as cost effective as GeneSys (Harbour Consulting Australia market survey May 2001). Furthermore, our research shows that if you aren’t using psychometrics as part of your recruitment process you will make hiring mistakes, which can cost you between 30-50% of an individual’s salary (TM Research study, Harbour Future Leaders, 2006).
Some of the benefits of using GeneSys online for your psychometrics:
- There are no annual licence fees – you only pay for the reports that you need
- A full recruitment battery including cognitive reasoning, personality and motives will cost as little as $130
- You can benchmark candidates against ideal profiles of high performing employees
- There is ongoing national technical support
- There are 27 tests available including a 360-degree assessment tool – all of which are thoroughly validated and reliable psychometric instruments
- You only need to be trained once to gain access to assessments that address a range of skills; from CEO to Warehouse, Sales Manager to Reception
- You can access the online system from anywhere that has an internet connection
- Report generation is instantaneous so you can make quick recruitment decisions
- GeneSys is continually updating norms, adding new assessments and improving the online system all at no cost to the user
In summary, GeneSys:
- Saves you time and effort in testing;
- Saves money from outsourcing psychometrics;
- Gives you control and power over the use of your testing;
- Is convenient to use online;
- Is flexible and allows you to mix and match the battery of tests you use; and
- Allows you to develop your own internal organisational benchmarks.
What GeneSys users say…
“After extensive research, we chose GeneSys as a result of its flexibility, reliability and validity, and cost effectiveness.”
June Gameau, Group Human Resources Manager, Hills Industries, an Australian diversified manufacturer
“We have found GeneSys so cost effective that we have extended the use of psychometric assessment, we have significantly reduced our rate of internal staff attrition. This has proved an enormous cost saving to Adelaide Bank.”
Paul Flynn, Chief Manager Business Services, Adelaide Bank, a South Australian retail bank
“In the past, Liquorland had only been using psychometric testing on an infrequent basis and had limited the tool to recruitment for senior roles due to the cost involved. When introduced to GeneSys we were excited by the opportunity to implement testing into our recruitment and staff development process for positions at all levels in a cost effective way. With the information that GeneSys provides, we saw that we could make more informed and therefore better recruitment decisions on a national basis.
The remote testing ability of GeneSys suited us well, because we have staff in over 400 stores and offices across Australia. The automatic scoring and report generating feature meant that we could have the candidate’s report in our hands within only a few minutes of testing, therefore enabling faster recruitment decisions making. While we are still in our first 12 months with GeneSys, we are already more than happy with our decision to adopt the system. We feel that its benefits to Liquorland have only just begun.”
Loretta Campbell, National HRM, Planning and Development, Liquorland, an Australian liquor retail chain
“Lexmark International, Inc. is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of printing solutions including laser and inkjet printers, multifunction products, associated supplies and services – for offices and homes in more than 150 countries. Attracting and retaining innovative, energetic, service focused and committed people are key elements for our success.
Our aim is to consistently distinguish ourselves from our competitors not just on the basis of better technology and higher quality services, but through the unique character and calibre of our people and teams. To enhance our recruitment process and help ensure we are selecting the right people, we have partnered with HFL to conduct our psychological testing.
An organisational psychologist from HFL provides us with comprehensive reports based on the performance of candidates on the psychological tests. By referring to a detailed position description as well as consulting with us, the psychologist can draw informed conclusions and make detailed recommendations about the candidate’s suitability for a specific role. This empowers us to select our people with greater precision and adds value to our recruiting process.”
Leisa Pearce, Human Resources Advisor, Lexmark, a global developer, manufacturer and supplier of printing and imaging solutions
How can I find out more?
Harbour Future Leaders (HFL) is an Australian distributor for GeneSys. Our fully trained consultant psychologists will be happy to explain GeneSys to you in detail. In the first instance, please contact Frosso Mathews in Sydney on +61 2 9927 3000 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about GeneSys and psychometric testing International GeneSys website: click here.
Get accredited by Harbour Future Leaders to administer and interpret GeneSys: click here.